Replacement brackets for swing set

shw104April 2, 2013

Hi everyone...

We built a playset a few years back which included a set of swings.

The swings are attached to the swing bracket with Carabiners which came with the set. They are starting to rust and need replaced.

What type of carabiners should I get or more importantly, what is their strength/weight do I need?

Thanks for the help..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

A little surface rust isn't something to worry much about. Check to see if the metal is wearing away at connection points. If it's not worn more than about 1/4 of the way through, I'd clean off the rust, apply a little silicon oil, and keep using it.
Replacement swing components can usually be found identified as such at Home Depot, Lowes, etal.

    Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 10:40AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Damage on a Solid Walnut Table
I need to fix some damage from nail polish remover...
Need help matching wood stain color
The molding in our kitchen was not completed when we...
Anyone have experience with Charles Neil's Preconditioner?
I just ordered it and am wondering if anyone has used...
Will these trees make good lumber?
I've got 2 fallen catalpa trees that have remained...
Peeling railings and windows
Hi, Around 8 months ago I put new spar varnish on my...
Ryan Tetuan
Sponsored Products
"Monaco" Brackets Set of Two
$100.00 | Horchow
Progress Lighting Wall Mounted 2-Light Outdoor Metallic Gray Wall Lantern
Home Depot
Grohe Seabury Thermostat Trim with Lever Handle - Sterling Infinity Finish
Modern Bathroom
Minka 24" High Rectangle Brushed Nickel Bathroom Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus
WAC Modern Forms | Ledge 8in Outdoor Ceiling Wall Light
$269.00 | YLighting
Mulberry Pendant by Tech Lighting
$404.00 | Lumens
Koncept Gen 3 Z-Bar Slim Daylight LED Black Desk Lamp
Euro Style Lighting
1 Watt White LED MR11 bulb
Super Bright LEDs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™