Do Not Use PlyGem Windows!

BetteBarrAugust 7, 2013

We have had a Large order in with Ply Gem Windows in VA since June 17, 2013 for 20 windows for residential new construction in Virginia. They keep pushing off the delivery date and don't care that our house cannot continue construction because it cannot be enclosed. There is no one to call or escalate through and we will be out on the streets from our present home in September 2013. I am 70 y.o. and this is the worst company I have ever dealt with! BUYER BEWARE... DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!"

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toddinmn

This sounds more like a problem with the contractor or supplier, are you sure it is Ply-Gems fault? Ply-Gem has always delivered no more than 3 weeks for me.

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 9:32AM
millworkman

I tend to agree with Todd as Plygems does not sell direct to HO from my knowledge.

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 10:40AM
BetteBarr

The delivery problem with our windows is most definitely Ply Gem's fault, not our contractor's fault. I finally got in touch with the sales rep and he admitted that they have a "long line" of disgruntled customers and that the company is having a "lot" of production problems with their windows right now. Our contractor will no longer use Ply Gem for his homes.

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 12:10PM
BetteBarr

The windows were sold to our building contractor through his lumber yard, not directly to us the H.O. We stepped in because we are the ones directly affected.

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 12:13PM
millworkman

OK then, that does shed a different light on the subject. What have they offered to compensate you for the issues?

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 12:42PM
toddinmn

That is news to me. I rarely use Ply-Gem but my last order I placed on June 5th arrived in typical normal fashion within 3 weeks.Sorry to hear about your misfortune and understand your dismay.

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 1:55PM
More Discussions
Which LoE coating ?
New construction. House located in Knoxville, Tennessee Front...
buildinse
Sliding Glass Door Brand Recommendations
Thank you for your help here a week or so ago, when...
Carrie B
Feedback / sanity check on Marvin & Kolbe quotes
So I got my rough quotes from a local Marvin Design...
aptosca
Opinions on Sunrise vinyl sliders?
I bit the bullet and went with Okna windows! Not biting...
happyallison
Deciding between Grand Estates/Amcraft or Okna 500dx, advice?
Both are new construction. The Grand Estates is just...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™