Fixture or Wiring: Where is the problem?
The chandelier in our dining room is not very old. Installed by previous owners so likely within the last six years.
The white "candle" parts are all singed and melty looking around the top near the bulbs. I am planning to get a new fixture because I don't like that one to start with, but I am wondering if the melting is caused by a problem with the fixture (good news) or if it's more likely to be something about too much power coming to the fixture from the wiring (bad news). Our house was built in 1969 if that matters.
Thanks for any advice!