Clear coat from the makers of POR15

klavierApril 14, 2012

Anyone use this clear coat? If it performs on wood any where near as well as POR15 performs on metal it will be the best thing to happen to furniture. Expensive as heck though.

http://www.por15.com/PELUCID/productinfo/PELG/

Some kind of conversion finish?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sombreuil_mongrel

If it is as finicky and hard to clean up as POR 15 I'll pass. That stuff is one shot, no do-overs; if it doesn't go on right you have to sandblast it off; from what I've heard.
Casey

Bookmark   April 27, 2012 at 7:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
klavier

POR15 definitely requires more prep-work compared to rust-oleum. Most people just wire brush a metal surface to remove scale, and then clean with soap and water to prepare for paint. Sand blasting is your best best for preping metal for POR 15, and it is messy, get it on anything and it will be there forever. Does not clean up very well with solvents, especially if it has started to become tacky. I would never use it in my sprayer. It self levels to a smooth flat even finish on its own and is incredibly durable and long lasting. Best product by far for high wear, high weather exposure/ salt spray etc, but darn you better know what you are doing with it because it is permanent stuff. Short shelf life and high cost, but is every bit as effective as advertised.

Cheers,
Werner

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 12:57PM
More Discussions
Walnut Veneer Issues
Hi, I'd so greatly appreciate your help in identifying...
RChicago
Refinishing bedroom furniture
Hi everyone! Need advise please. We refinished a computer...
glittergirl_tx
How to tell treated vs. untreated wood?
Can anyone tell me if there's a way to distinguish...
unkyaku
Where can I get this molding?
I need to replace a couple of baseboards and want to...
stripedbass
golf t horse racing game templete
could someone email me the template for a horse racing...
ziggymaster
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™