Vinyl Windows Available in California, Using Simonton ?

frenderAugust 31, 2012

We are replacing 9 windows and 5 eight foot sliding doors, along with all the siding in our 1970s Bay Area home. Our contractor wants to use "New Construction windows"

Other than Milgard and Simonton, which brands are available in California? Any that you would recommend. I like the look and feel of the Simonton over the Milgard.

However, Simonton only sells "replacement" windows in the west, so we would have to use the 7300 Daylight Max model and add a nailing fin flange. Will that be strange?

I attached a picture of our house. We are replacing all the beautiful "amber" glass windows and are going to put in casements that are the same width, but only 24" tall, versus the 6 feet they are now on those windows in the front (they are bathroom windows)

Thanks for any other options/ideas.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EcoStarRemodel

I'm not very familiar with all the brands available in the west but I have heard Anlin and Amerimax make decent windows.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 7:59AM
WindowDog

I've worked with Amerimax windows a lot, and I think Simonton is a much better window.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 10:04PM
camphappy

We used Simonton in two different homes and loved them. They have a warranty which came in very handy when my son "accidently" threw a rock at our slider. The house we still own has had Simonton windows for 15 years without any problems.

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 1:55AM
frender

Thanks Camphappy. Do you know which line you have? we are looking at the 7300 Daylight Max

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 2:00AM
More Discussions
Kitchen Sliding Patio Door
Hi everyone! My slider is junky and the frame around...
LSSF
Windows E-store windows (ECOXtreme)
We are looking at several new construction windows...
Jennifer
Storm doors with hidden built-in screens?
I'm considering doing something "strange,"...
texasgal47
Modern Windows
Can anyone suggest an affordable modern window? Thanks!...
shorty
And then there were 3 - new build window package quotes in - thoughts?
So we have final bids on the 3 options we are down...
dfb_jlw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™