Andersen A-Series

cvetteAugust 7, 2010

I just saw Andersen's A-series window. It's quite a nice window. It appears to be wood interior with vinyl exterior sashes and a Fibrex frame. Any opinions or comments on it? How long has it been offered?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cvette

hmm, no responses. I've since learned that they use a fiberglass sash and the product line was introduced within the last year.

Since we had decided on the A-Series, I went to cancel my Marvin appointment and the rep reminded me of the Integrity line. I had only considered the Ultimate at this point. Andersen's A-Series appears to be very comparable to Marvin's Wood-Ultrex Integrity. Any opinions on the comparison?

Bookmark   August 10, 2010 at 8:38AM
cvette

I wish I could edit posts...

Several times I have read on this site that the Marvin Integrity has a poor sill design for drainage. I just read a post where MightyAnvil mentioned it. In another post someone suggested adding an additional piece during installation to prevent problems. Finally in my window notes I copied this note from someone:
"Marvin seems to have forgotten how to make a sill relying on an ugly reglet at the sill nose to act as a drip"

I'm not sure what that means but I'd greatly appreciate anyone who can explain why the sill is a poor design. Thanks, Chris.

Bookmark   August 10, 2010 at 11:21AM
tube

I've never had a problem with a sill on a Marvin window. I had complaints about the weather striping on the bottom sash on Integrity but that was redesigned this spring. Since then everyone seems happy and I have used their new weather stripping on the old design where customers had concerns.

From past experience I wouldn't use and Anderson window until it was on the market for a few years. They often have problems with air infiltration and it isn't until a few years of complaints that it is addressed.

Bookmark   August 12, 2010 at 6:22AM
More Discussions
Window in a shower?
We are planning a remodel of our second floor master...
numbersjunkie
Kitchen Sliding Patio Door
Hi everyone! My slider is junky and the frame around...
LSSF
Whistling in windows with big gusts
Hello, I had new Okna 500s installed this past spring...
sgilliatt
Fiberglass Windows from Hardie????
We need to replace 3 windows in our family room. ...
dancingqueengw
Marvin: Can't find Air Infiltration Specs
I am choosing between Marvin clad and Woodwright double...
texas_al
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™