Delphi

crazymosaicsSeptember 29, 2008

I took my first trip to Delphi Glass this weekend and had a blast. It was a three hour drive but worth it. I even stayed under my $100 budget :) I can't wait to go back at Christams.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katishooked

My my what control you have. What did you get? What did you leave behind? I am proud of you.

Bookmark   September 29, 2008 at 5:41PM
crazymosaics

It was hard to control myself. But I bought two pieces of Van Gogh glass (one silver, and the other silver and champagne). I'm using that for a wedding gift. And then I bought a piece of canary yellow glass and a piece of marbelized purple, blue, pink piece of glass for 30% and then i bought a box of scrap glass mostly green and this really pretty black and white marblized glass. Can't wait to use it. And a couple of books. And I had a 20% off coupon so it was such a bargain day!!

Bookmark   September 30, 2008 at 8:47AM
nicethyme

oh my gosh... I could never be that in control there. Good think for DH thats is 4 states away!

Bookmark   September 30, 2008 at 9:23PM
smickerdoodle

You have more control than I do....I can never stay under 100 dollars when I go in there...and I live close enough that I get there at least once a month....

Bookmark   November 19, 2008 at 10:26PM
Calamity_J

WOW! You Lucky Duck!!! I am SO BAD in places like that!!! Somebody who was posting here, said her son works there!!! How awesome would that be!?!

Bookmark   November 19, 2008 at 11:28PM
foxrosefl

Am I lucky - or unlucky since I'm equi-distant from may fave glass shops? (Armstrong in Kennesaw, and Florida Stained Glass Supply in Sarasota). I prefer Armstrong -- much better prices, BUT it's a 6 hr drive (either way) - ugh -- look at the glass I could buy for the gas $$ - and the mischief I could do with the time. I am however trying to find an excuse to go to Kennesaw/Atlanta maybe in Jan.
I like dealing with Delphi, great customer service , but there is nothing like looking at the glass in person. -- you are lucky to be close by - or unlucky - as the case may be...

Bookmark   November 20, 2008 at 12:19AM
cindiloo

Lucky you! I have to drive 75+ miles over the hill to visit the ONE stained glass store around! I'd be soooo broke if I lived close enough to Delphi or Armstrong...
Can't wait to see what you make....

Bookmark   November 20, 2008 at 2:59AM
meadel

That's a trip I'd like to make someday. I have to go an hour and a half to get to Warner-Criv in Pa.
My friend and I went to Youghiogheny this summer and saw the glass being made. I kick myself for not spending more..

Here is a link that might be useful: Youghiogheny trip

Bookmark   November 20, 2008 at 6:36AM
More Discussions
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™