Wood filler for parawood?

robtishApril 17, 2007

I scratched my unfinished parawood table getting it home from the store. It's deep, and I want to put in some wood filler before I sand and finish it. Two questions:

1. What kind of filler to use? I hear a lot of good things about Timbermate but don't know about other options.

2. Wood fillers are often branded by the type of wood (cherry, red oak, white oak, etc.), but parawood is never on the list. What common would wood be the best match?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

First, realize wood filler, any wood filler will stand out. Even the "stainable" ones, they will take stain but never look like wood. But it may be better than a gouge.

Parawood is bland and I would probably use a "neutral" or "pine" as a starting point.

When I have to use wood fillers, I use Elmer's in a tube. They keep changing the name, last time I think it was "Professional Wood Filler". For larger spots, I use the polyester-based two part fillers (similar to Bondo).

Here is a link that might be useful: Tube

    Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 3:37PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Varnish cracking and brittle on table with Inlay work
The varnish or poly is looking so bad I want to redo...
Pear tree wood
Is their any value in Pear tree wood? My mother has...
Pooh Bear
Fence construction & what to use for finish
My fence is coming along nicely! Started last fall...
paint or restain moldings
I have a 28 year old view home with dark bronze aluminum...
Refinishing bedroom furniture
Hi everyone! Need advise please. We refinished a computer...
Sponsored Products
Ellis Curtain Moments Lined Duchess Filler Valance - MOMENTS-DUCHESSFILLER
$32.99 | Hayneedle
Floor Mount Satin Nickel Tub Filler with Hand Shower
Oyster Gray and Aqua Polyester Filled 18 x 18 Pillow
$51.60 | Bellacor
Square Bamboo Vessel Sink
Signature Hardware
Kubix Concealed 1 Outlet Twin Thermostatic Shower Valve (Slim Plate)
Hudson Reed
RONBOW Bella 36" Vanity Vessel - Cinnamon
Modern Bathroom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™