Renewal by Andersen vs. Home Depot Andersen Windows

goldenitaAugust 1, 2007

Hi everybody.

We are looking to replace 2 windows in our kitchen, one 58x35 and the other 70x48. We first got a quote at Home Depot for the 400 series and it was about $825 each without installation. The windows include the temper option.

We just had today an estimate with Renewal by Andersen, (the rest of the house have all windows installed by Renewal by Andersen 8 years ago) and the quote is about $4000 without being tempered windows. We think this is too much. The lady from Renewal told us that the windows they installed are way better than the 400 they have at Home Depot. Is that true, or are similar in quality?

Would it be a problem to buy them at Home Depot and have them installed by our contractor?

We would like to have Andersen since all other windows in the house are already Renewal by Andersen Windows.

Any other recommendation, or place to shop for Andersen windows?

Thanks a lot in advance

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fhiwindows

825x2=1650+ tax= $1700 add new interior and exterior trim brings your total to $2000. When you add labor (good labor) from a established company you will be around $3400-4000+. Not much of a difference!

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 7:32PM
PRO
Brushworks Spectacular Finishes

Are you asking about comparison? There is no comparison between a HD Andersen window and an Andersen Renewal Window.

One is wood and readily available. Renewal is a composite and only available through the Renewal program.

Michael

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 7:43PM
goldenita

Thanks fhiwindows and Michael for your help.

Michael, what is a better window, the Andersen 400 wood mad or the Renewal composite? I would guess the composite would require less maintenance. Any other advantage or disadvantage of any of the two?

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 4:01PM
fhiwindows

Brushworks, my local Andersen rep claims that depot's insert window(not the 400) is the same as the renewal window.

Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 3:35PM
jmbaker3

where are you located? I know I just used renewal and they suck here where I am... still trying to get everything worked out after 7 months... parts missing, doors installed wrong, damage, and I don't speak polish.

Bookmark   August 10, 2007 at 3:38PM
More Discussions
Adding SDL muntins to Exterior Only Windows
We are building a custom home along the coast in Galveston,...
shellismith
Remove window film immediately?
My contractor has been installing my new Anderson Woodwright...
keys
Plantation Shutters Pros/Cons, need advice
Hi, I'm new to this website and owning a home so forgive...
rehsanipoor
incorporating old leaded glass in new casement windows
We own a home with large leaded glass windows (21)...
prospect
Deciding between Marvin, Pella, Anderson, and Lincoln
We are adding a small addition to our home, and at...
juddgirl2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™