Wireless doorbells

paintguy22March 8, 2010

I know this has nothing to do with electrical wiring, but I couldn't think of a better forum. What do actual electricians recommend when someone wants a wireless doorbell? I would love a brand and model number recommendation. I have purchased 3 over the years and none of them work or they ring when nobody is at the door or they work for a while and then stop working or they won't ring when the door is closed. I want one that rings. It's not asking too much I don't think.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christophersprks

"I have purchased 3 over the years and none of them work" - thats why I don't recommend them.

Bookmark   March 8, 2010 at 9:28PM
paintguy22

But, it's not always feasible to hard wire one in though right? What do you do then?

Bookmark   March 8, 2010 at 11:59PM
kudzu9

I bought a Dimango brand at Home Depot or Lowes (can't remember which). I think it cost all of $10 and it has worked fine in the 7-8 years I've had it.

Bookmark   March 9, 2010 at 12:25AM
Ron Natalie

The ugly part of most wireless doorbells is that they are designed to be surface mounted and to get enough room for the battery they end up looking like a wart on the door frame. If you can find a way to mount it better it will be prettier. My next door neighbor made sort of a plaque around his that make it look less like an afterthought.

Bookmark   March 9, 2010 at 7:48AM
More Discussions
Looking for Ideas For Lighting at base of 300' long driveway
Sorry for the "picture through the screen"...
dixieman
electrical outlet distance to radiator
how far from a radiator should a wall electrical outlet...
amsayan
A/C wired to main panel only?
I had 2 electricians come out to bid upgrading my service...
frank_diy
Need help Replacing old dimmer that used only 2 wires in a three way
I need advice as to which wire to connect to which...
txmat
ARGH! no boxes
Went over to my daughter's house to help them change...
Ron Natalie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™