Under cabinet lighting junction box

jo_22nashuaMarch 11, 2010

I am currently rennovating my kitchen and tring to install under cabinet lights. I have purchased the GE flourescent lights that are linkable. The lights come to be plugged into an outlet, however you can buy a junction box to make them hard wireable. Here is the junction box http://www.jascoproducts.com/products/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=326&idcategory=40 . So, what I want to do is run romex from the kitchen light circuit and pop through the back of the upper cabinet into this junction box. The junction box would be mounted on the underside of the cabinet, and for the most part be out of sight. My question is, the light circuit is a 120V 15amp circuit, but the junction box has a electrical rating of 240V 10 amps. Since you can only connect the flourescent lights to this junction box and they will not draw more than 10amps is this OK. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Youll be fine.

    Bookmark   March 12, 2010 at 1:07AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
How to get garage freezer to work in cold weather
I have a 7-year-old GE refrigerator/freezer in my unheated,...
Too much load for circuit?
I have 200 amp service to the main panel (which has...
Doorbell goes off by itself.
Can anyone tell me why this would happen? It's a wired...
Ceiling fan wiring
I have a new ceiling fan with a light. The fan has...
Please Critique Low-Volt (Home Automation) Plan/Proposal
GW/Houzz Community, As always, I want to thank this...
Andrew K.
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™