Pickling finishes?

dannkarenApril 28, 2011

I have a customer who wants a table finished with a technique she is calling "saroosing" I don't know if that is the correct spelling but that is how it sounds. She says this is similar to pickling. I cannot even find the term in any of my resources. Can anyone tell me what this is and the technique used? Thanks so much

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I wonder if she is talking about this technique.

Cissing - is a mottled paint finish created by overlaying coloured glazes and partially lifting the colour with a solvent.

Cissing is done by scattering mineral spirits on oils, and water on latex. To give a natural stone or limestone-like effect, colours suggested are pink, beige, grey, oyster or ivory, charcoal and grey-green. Colours will seem to fade as they dry, but can be brightened with a coat of polyurethane.

    Bookmark   April 28, 2011 at 7:17PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Installing new deck door
I've ordered and received a new custom pre-hung deck...
I am thinking of getting a router, never owned one....
What is this wood? (Want to match)
When we bought our house we had the first floor floors...
Walnut Veneer Issues
Hi, I'd so greatly appreciate your help in identifying...
Gel stain on stair treads and handrail?
I have read many of the inspirational posts in the...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™