Opinions on Weathershield Visions 3000 windows?
Anyone have experience with Weathershield Visions 3000 vinyl double hung replacement windows? We backed away from wood windows due to price, and these have been recommended to us as a good vinyl option. The following looks appealing to us:
* The specs look good (multi-chamber, warm spacer, U rating, SHGC esp. with Zo-e 5 glass, etc.).
* Offer a simulated divided light grill -- which is a requirement for us
* Clean looking design / frame
Wondering about the following though:
* Do they perform well over time (infiltration, color stability, operation, etc.)?
* Zo-e 5 glass has a low light transmittance rating and a pretty noticeable tint. Is this just how it is with all energy efficient windows?
Thanks for any insights / experiences / comparisons you can share.