Moving a floor mounted 220V outlet
We are planning on moving our gas/electric range from an island to a wall location. There is a floor mounted 240v outlet under the stove in the current island. I have done quite a bit of 120v wiring but not 240v.
My plan would be to:
1) Pull the 240 line out of the island floor area.
2) Add a junction box in the craw space for the 240v
3) Tie in to the old 240v at the junction box and route a new line to the new location.
1) Is this the correct way to do this?
2) Can I mount the new 240v outlet on the floor like it was done under the island, or do I need to fish it up the wall to a new outlet box.
Gas line will be hired out. Thanks for any suggestions.