Paradigm or Gorell

clancy8July 29, 2010

Need advice on which brand to choose. Hybrid Paradigm window triple glaze U=.20 or Gorell double hung triple glaze U=.20

Windows cost basicly the same. Is one better constucted than the other. Each offers either lifetime or 50 year warranty.

Thanks for any insight

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skydawggy

Gorell has one of the best reputations for CS in the industry. What model Gorell were you looking at?

Bookmark   July 30, 2010 at 6:36PM
clancy8

Gorell - new construction -Starview - triple pane with internal grids. Not sure of Gas composition.

I have heard that Gorell was high in CS. Saw that Paradigm was used in a number of Fine Homebuilding homes.House to be built in windy location (on a hill in NE PA)

Windows are to be used in superinsulated house (R-40 walls). Would you recommend these two suppliers for patio/French doors? Preference one over another?

Thanks for the reply.

Bookmark   July 31, 2010 at 6:02AM
hoot_2010

Gorell has also won numerous Energy Star awards. Regardless of your choice bear in mind that the window will be the weak point in a super insulated wall. A.20U equates to an R5 hole in an R40 wall. This is a big step. You will notice a difference when standing near the window. The installation also becomes very important so be sure choose a qualified installer. The area between the window frame and the adjoining wall must be properly flashed, sealed and insulated. Best of Luck

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 8:12AM
More Discussions
Pella Slider
We have a Pella slider that was installed in early...
hopesprings_gw
Window in a shower?
We are planning a remodel of our second floor master...
numbersjunkie
Andersen Renewal vs Starmark Windows
i currently have a secondary home that we are re designing...
branlance
Replace or Repair?
We are about to purchase a home outside Columbus, OH...
jackrh97
Whistling in windows with big gusts
Hello, I had new Okna 500s installed this past spring...
sgilliatt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™