Accuride Drawer Slides Anyone?

trudymomMarch 31, 2008

New cabinets--cabinet guy is using Accuride Drawer Slides #3832. Anyone have any experience with them? I have always been told that Blum was the best brand. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Accuride 3832

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joeinvista

Accuride makes a good quality product that will last a lifetime, but I personally prefer Blum hardware. If your drawer boxes will be dovetailed, the bottom mounted slides such as the Blum Tandem or the Accuride Eclipse would be better choices so as to not hide the dovetails. I also like having a slide with built-in shock absorbers, such as the Blumotion. These cost a bit more than the slides that you mentioned, but I have them in my own kitchen and they work great.

Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: Cabinet and Furniture Info

Bookmark   March 31, 2008 at 8:46PM
Jon1270

Agree with Joe. Accuride are fine quality slides but might seem more utilitarian where the Blum undermounts, especially with Blumotion, are more or a luxury product.

Bookmark   April 1, 2008 at 6:32AM
aidan_m

The accuride 3832 is a good product, full extension slide. This is acceptable for high quality cabinets of utilitarian construction. If your cabinets are really high end and have dovetailed drawers, like mentioned above, use blumotion hidden slides. But otherwise I think accuride 3832 is the best value around and the most appropriate choice for your project. You lose drawer space with the under-mount slides. They take up quite a bit of drawer space at the bottom because of the way you have to make the cabinet and the drawer. Also add $30 per drawer over the cost of accuride 3832.

Bookmark   June 20, 2008 at 10:40PM
More Discussions
Installing new deck door
I've ordered and received a new custom pre-hung deck...
africanboy
Removing excess dried tung oil, over wax...
Hello, I was refreshing the tung oil finish on my walnut...
pasigal
golf t horse racing game templete
could someone email me the template for a horse racing...
ziggymaster
are these cabinets discolored from cigarettes?
Not sure if this was a refacing gone bad, or nicotine...
cindywhitall
Stripping paint off of beams
Hi folks. We're working on a wonderful 100-year-old...
GaleForce
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™