Old cast vent locks - where to find?

esanfordJuly 11, 2014

I have a few windows with what I've determined are called vent locks, or window stop ventilation sash locks (per this site: http://www.kilianhardware.com/wistvesalo.html). I see a few of the more curvy decorative variety online, but none like these. Anyone know where I can find some to replace the missing ones? I suppose if I want them all to match I could order replacements for all the existing ones of the curvy variety, but they aren't cheap that I can find.


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Try Blaine hardware maybe?

    Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 7:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Another vote for Blaine. Those guys/gals are great.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blaine Window

    Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 8:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Also I use Strybuc hardware although they typically only will sell wholesale. But if you find what you need on their site you can take the age/part # to your local hardware store or lumberyard and they should be able to order the parts for you.

    Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 8:06AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Decorating a new windowsill?
Hi everyone, We are a small growing business specialising...
LightGlow UK
Which LoE coating ?
New construction. House located in Knoxville, Tennessee Front...
Quick advice re: matching door and window grills & transom size
I have french doors sitting between two sets of side...
Softlite Elements windows quote reasonable?
We're in MA. We've been quoted $13,300 for installing...
Curtain Finials
These finials were purchased a number of years ago...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™