high windows - how to crank open?

mjlbJuly 20, 2012

Short of a tall ladder, has anyone seen a device to crank open high windows? These windows are awning style, but the crank mechanism is the same as typically used on a casement window.

I'm imagining something like the extension rods used for changing high light bulbs, or washing high windows. But it does seem this is more difficult due to the need to rotate the crank.

Thanks! (posted on home decorating forum before I remembered there is a window forum)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Try this I have sold quite a few years back.

Here is a link that might be useful:

    Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 7:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

That link was to photo only -- is there a website link too? Thanks.

    Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 9:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Truth hardware makes all types of hardware for this type of application. They only sell through distributors, which ship all over North America. truth.com

    Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 5:57AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Decorating a new windowsill?
Hi everyone, We are a small growing business specialising...
LightGlow UK
Simonton 5500 v. Soft-Lite Pro (replacement and new )
Hi, We are remodeling our house in Washington DC. We...
Fiberglass Windows from Hardie????
We need to replace 3 windows in our family room. ...
Need Help with new window brands
We are early in the new home construction process (finalizing...
Quick advice re: matching door and window grills & transom size
I have french doors sitting between two sets of side...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™