stock basement hopper windows

vickivickiJuly 27, 2012

I have looked and looked and so far, in my no.va area, can only find one source (Lowes) for a stock window which will fit in a 32x13.875 space for the 1953 metal casement-type hopper window in my basement, and I must wait 17 days for it to be available. Does anyone know of window resources with stock windows for a less than 14" height that I could maybe get sooner than 17 days?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

No unfortunately I have never seen a company make that size basement unit available in a stock size. Mow that is not to say that is the case in the entire country but the last place I would expect to find anything other than the most popular standard sizes would be Lowes or HD. Try a local lumberyard or building supply center, they may have it, but they may have to order it as well. 17 days is not bad on a lead time for special order but I don't like buying windows from a HD or Lowes and would not recommend buying anything from there besides a basement hopper.

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 8:04AM
Jumpilotmdm

Try Dale Lumber, in your area somewhere.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 2:20PM
windowsonwashington

You usually have to be a contractor to get access to the supply houses, however, they have custom made windows that can be made to fit that application and some can be available in a week.

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 8:32AM
More Discussions
Need reassurance! Pella windows not a bad decision?
My house currently has 4 kinds of windows - contractor's...
Laurel Wittman
Need Help with new window brands
We are early in the new home construction process (finalizing...
mmdoh
Which LoE coating ?
New construction. House located in Knoxville, Tennessee Front...
buildinse
Privacy Glass?
I'm planning new windows for a master bath, and want...
numbersjunkie
Quick advice re: matching door and window grills & transom size
I have french doors sitting between two sets of side...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™