Is this a good price for Hayworth?

uncertainteedJuly 27, 2009

I looked on google, but can't find anything at all...

My Dad wants to have a replacement window installed in the living room. The contractor seems a bit shady to me, and I'm not liking some of the conditions. We were quoted a price of $1600 for the window, $175 for fasteners, and about $500 for labor (estimated) for a 107" x 52" picture window that has a fixed pane in the middle and 2 sliding windows on the 2 ends. The window brand is Hayworth.

We went to the place where the dealer is buying it from to ask the price they are selling it for, but we were told that it's confidential. They can only tell the contractor the price.

I just googled Hayworth Windows and came up with nothing at all! I do believe that is the brand name we were told.

I'm getting tired of the secrecy, so I thought I'd ask others here about it. I'm not at all familiar with the pricing on these things.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chi4me

If your inner voice is saying (or rather it sems to be screaming) - "what gives?" Then you need to keep looking. I just went through the oh so fun experience too. Only I needed 18 replacement windows. What a load of crap I had to listen to before I could make my decision. Please shop around. Your ears may hurt for a while but you will sleep better at the end. One thing about the process, you will get better at asking the right questions for your need.

Bookmark   August 2, 2009 at 6:41PM
More Discussions
Replacement and New Coastal Impact Windows
We are doing major renovation on a waterfront home...
roenie
Feedback / sanity check on Marvin & Kolbe quotes
So I got my rough quotes from a local Marvin Design...
aptosca
Matching window/patio door hardware to interior doors?
..reposted in remodeling... We will have white interior...
happyallison
Deciding between Grand Estates/Amcraft or Okna 500dx, advice?
Both are new construction. The Grand Estates is just...
happyallison
Best garden window?
I am remodeling our galley kitchen. It's small and...
shadey
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™