Jeld-Wen "Siteline"? Also bad?

Fori is not pleasedJuly 18, 2014

Hi all. I am doing an addition and my GC has suggested I look at JW's "Siteline" windows. There are one or two negative JW comments on the board and I'm wondering if that goes for all their lines, or if anyone has experience with this line in particular.

I'm looking at sliding windows in particular and like how these seem to have the same size glass on the sliding and non-sliding portions. I'm in a very mild climate so appearances and not-falling-apart are the main things I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

If "not falling apart" is one of the main things your looking for keep looking as ALL Jeldwen is mediocre at best. Where are you building, we can probably help steer you to a better choice. I personally would look at Integrity by Marvin in the Wood/Ultrex Series or some of the better vinyl lines mentioned on here regularly such as Okna, Surise, Polaris to name a few.

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 3:01PM
Fori is not pleased

Hehe! Well then!

I'm in the SF Bay area.

We have looked at the Integrity (that's what our architect recommended) and the Andersen. They seem alright (except the wood interiors on the Andersens seem kind of poorly finished except for the...whatever it's called which seems quite nice but too frilly).

Ideally I'd have aluminum or steel to maximize glass and be more consistent with the house style (midcentury ranch) but it seems impractical.

I'll browse those brands you mentioned. Thanks!

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 3:12PM
Fenestration_Taylor

The only line i've seen from Jeldwen that seems decent quality is the wood custom, but the price point is too high for what it is. Integrity wood ultrex is a great option. If you're willing to pay a little more try Kolbe Ultra, they have some more design options, depending on who you get the bid from, price could be within range.

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 3:16PM
More Discussions
Good quality French door style slider with blinds between the glass?
I'm in Texas. These would be replacement doors for...
texasgal47
Andersen Renewal vs Starmark Windows
i currently have a secondary home that we are re designing...
branlance
Best garden window?
I am remodeling our galley kitchen. It's small and...
shadey
Pella Slider
We have a Pella slider that was installed in early...
hopesprings_gw
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89
We're getting ready to remodel our kitchen and DR,...
lisa_a
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™