Any Reviews of Lucent?

faulstrJuly 16, 2014

We are building a new home and all the builders around here typically quote Andersen. Our current house estimate includes Andersen 200s but we thought there was a lot of "plastic" showing on the interior for it being called a wood interior window. So since we're doing white interiors we priced the 100s as well to save money, but not crazy about single hungs for cleaning purposes. We are getting bids on Marvin Integrity but believe that will price above the Andersen 200s and not sure we want to spend more than that. So we're still looking and would be open to good vinyl windows if it will also save money. I have inquiries in looking for dealers on Soft-Lite, Sunrise and Solaris to see if they are avail in our area (St Louis MO). We are meeting next week with a supplier who carries Simonton, but he was also telling me about an aluminum clad wood line called Lucent that is made about an hour south of STL and prices much lower than Andersen or Marvin. But I couldn't find this brand discussed here - anyone know if it? He also mentioned a vinyl/wood window by VinylMax SherWood - anyone know of that?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

Been in the window and door business 30 years and have never heard of them. Nothing about the info on their website impresses me and truthfully and priced much lower than Andersen 200 series is not going to be a very good wood window in my opinion.

Bookmark   July 16, 2014 at 3:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eisens

Lucent bought out the old Biltbest factory in Ste. Genevieve, MO. Biltbest was in business for 60 years as a wood window manufacturer, but they were acquired by a company just before the economic downturn and didn't survive it.

While I don't know about the quality of Lucent windows I do know that many of the former Biltbest team are employees and that they are in the old Biltbest factory. Hope that helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Article about Lucent

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 7:57PM
More Discussions
Okna vs. Simonton for bow window
Hi, I'm hoping someone can provide some insights with...
rirae
Windows E-store windows (ECOXtreme)
We are looking at several new construction windows...
Jennifer
incorporating old leaded glass in new casement windows
We own a home with large leaded glass windows (21)...
prospect
Alside Mezzo Window Reviews
I was shown the alside mezzo window by a local contractor....
applex
Hunter Douglas Roller Shades Not Staying Down
We have a bunch of new Hunter Douglas Roller Shade...
Sean
Sponsored Products
Olde Bronze Indoor/Outdoor Ceiling 2-Light
PLFixtures
Signature Lily Pendant Small - Peony Glass with Black hardware
$441.00 | Bellacor
Rialto Area Rug
Home Decorators Collection
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Artistic Weavers Rugs Hazel Brown Nylon 3
Home Depot
Dale Tiffany Murphy Table Lamp
$178.20 | LuxeDecor
Apaiser | Single Beach Sink
$1,726.00 | YBath
Rust Pharmacy Table Lamp
Cost Plus World Market
Moonrays Flood Lights. Outdoor Black Low Voltage 20-Watt Metal Adjustable Floodl
$11.66 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™