Mac Glue Question

curbdiver1954August 17, 2008

Starting a bowling ball with crash glass, using Mac glue for the adhesive. Fortunately I am working with fairly large sections, but that brings to mind a question....do I brush it onto the bb in an area large enough to lay the section of glass? OR Should I brush it on the back of the section then place the section on the bb? Finger for the brush or a regular brush?? I've used it for small pieces, but this is the first time for large sections and I really don't want the glue to start drying before I get the glass placed.

Pat

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katishooked

Pat I haven't worked with cg yet but am anxious to see your bb. Many on this forum have and will soon pipe in to give you an answer.

Kathy

Bookmark   August 18, 2008 at 6:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cindiloo

I've worked with Mac...prefer it actually, but not on a curved surface like a bowling ball. I've learned to just grab my glass piece with my long handled tweezers and dip the glass in the small (very small) puddle of glue. That seems to keep it cleaner for me. I say a very small puddle cuz I've noticed that it does dry quick and you really need such a tiny amount. Good luck!

Bookmark   August 18, 2008 at 2:23PM
More Discussions
Outdoor Tabletop
Okay, I know Silvamae talked about this but I can't...
loribee2
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
How to break crash glass?
I have some solid pieces of crash glass that I'd like...
phish_gw
mosaicing within old picture frame
Someone somewhere posted details on how to do this...
povertylodge
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™