Entry Door Pro Via or??

ranger481vsJuly 20, 2013

I've been trying to do research on entry doors. Pro Via repeatedly comes up as the best fiberglass door. We have one dealer in our area and I was quoted $5900 for a SIGNET SERIES 36" 6-panel Mahogany stained door with two 14" sidelites and a full glass storm, and an upgrade to the Schlage Addison Hardware. Also includes installation and removal of the old door. I know Pro Via is the best, but does that seem like a good price for this door?

I also had a quote for a similar style Therma Tru Classic Craft door, and that came to $4800 w/out a storm door and w/out installation. So, in that case it would be a no-brainer to do the Pro Via. I'm just in sticker shock about spending so this much ($5800) for an entry door.

I've got a nice home, but it is not a high end home in a high end neighborhood either. I'm wondering what door brand and style might be another good option, albeit, a step down from Pro Via.

This post was edited by ranger481vs on Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 8:07

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mmarse1

Excellent door. Well worth the money.

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 8:41AM
Karateguy

For a Signet with 2 sidelites and a storm that price is INSANELY low. That is probably the best door that money can buy, but you are paying essentially a mid grade price. I'd take that deal.

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 10:22AM
PRO
Windows on Washington Ltd

+1

Knowing what I know about what I pay for those doors, that is low.

Solid door and well built.

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 11:11AM
LoPay

I am having my front door installed this week with a Pro Via. Don't remember the exact sub type. That quote is pretty close to what mine is costing with installation and haul away. I am getting French doors with one side light and Emteck hardware.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 3:23PM
ranger481vs

Thanks for the responses. I just confirmed the quote this morning, which is for a chestnut-stained Signet solid door, and two 3/4 Glass side lites w/ dividers for $5600. I eliminated the storm door from the quote.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 9:36PM
pcweary

My Provia Signet door was installed two days before Christmas. The cost was $7200 without hardware. Notice that I custom ordered mahogany jambs, which was a $2000 custom charge...so excluding hardware, your price is somewhat in line with what I paid.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 10:05PM
HomeSealed

Beautiful door PC!

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 12:22PM
ranger481vs

Yes! That is very similar to what our door will look like, except we will have the solid plank door.

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 4:50PM
richardyc

just signed a proposal today for a new Signet craftsman door with 2 sidelites with Lehigh glass and with a spectrum storm door for ~$5450. The original quote was around $7000 but I found a 25% off coupon from their website, they told me it was erroneously put it out there by their webmaster, it was supposed to be just 10%, but they honored the 25% off anyway. will see if they will try to cut any corners.

Bookmark   August 1, 2013 at 12:10AM
More Discussions
Dual pane window retrofit, for sound blocking, question on thickness.
Been looking at options on vinyl windows with better...
mystrwizard
Plantation Shutters Pros/Cons, need advice
Hi, I'm new to this website and owning a home so forgive...
rehsanipoor
Modern Windows
Can anyone suggest an affordable modern window? Thanks!...
shorty
Help with hanging blinds
In our new build there is not enough room on our double...
zorroslw1
Hunter Douglas Roller Shades Not Staying Down
We have a bunch of new Hunter Douglas Roller Shade...
Sean
Sponsored Products
Sea Cliff Cottage Birdhouse
$74.99 | zulily
Sunflower Harvest Wreath
$149.00 | FRONTGATE
PlateBowlCup Serving Bowl by Alessi
$30.00 | Lumens
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Austin Red/Creme 5 ft. 3 in. x
Home Depot
Innermost | Fit Large Pendant Light
$301.50 | YLighting