New invention - Final Cut - has anyone used it?

brussoFebruary 24, 2009

I saw a demo on a new invention called 'final cut'. It is a round piece of sand paper with stickem on the back side that attaches to a circular saw blade - miter saw, table saw, or a radial arm saw. Its features will sand a piece of stock as it cuts the piece. It looked pretty cool, comes in different grits and sizes. But, before I spend $27 for 4 pieces, I want to see if anyone has experience with this product. See http://www.finalcutblade.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jon1270

Haven't tried it, but it looks to me like an extraordinarily dumb idea. Please save your money.

Bookmark   February 24, 2009 at 2:20PM
aidan_m

The concept sounds like a good recipe for a kickback accident using a rip fence. If you try this, make sure the anti-kickback fingers are in place. I'll bet OSHA and ANSI would not approve this product for use with a rip fence. If this is a legit product that is certified and listed for use in industry, it may only be allowed for cross-cutting with the sled. Better read more about it.

Bookmark   February 24, 2009 at 4:17PM
glennsfc

Looks interesting to me...I can see where it could be very useful when attempting precise trim fits; wouldn't have to bring a cut piece to the belt sander to fine tune a cut.

Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 7:23PM
More Discussions
Stripping paint off of beams
Hi folks. We're working on a wonderful 100-year-old...
GaleForce
Gel stain on stair treads and handrail?
I have read many of the inspirational posts in the...
amt782
What is this wood? (Want to match)
When we bought our house we had the first floor floors...
cardinegreen
Planing weathered/near rotted lumber?
I was just curious if it's OK to run some old, very...
fireweed22
Differences in Wood Stains?
I went to purchase some stain to refinish a stripped...
jellytoast
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™