beveled glass front doors

belladomAugust 21, 2010

I am remodeling my home and the designer suggested a glass entry door to let in light and give a modern feel to the eclectic style with craftsman and ranch overtonesÂin Southern Calif. lots of double hung windows, French doors off the front... My husband doesn't like the solid glass much and wants a beveled glass instead. Isn't this bordering on Victorian? Does anyone know about the new glass doors, they come in rain, and other styles.... let in light but are private...

Thanks for any input.... Very hard decision

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
silvamae

Our house is cream-colored limestone and brown cedar with lots of windows. It looks more like a ranch house than any other, long porches and metal roof. It has a beveled glass front door and it goes well with the house. I will see if I can find a picture and post it.

Bookmark   August 22, 2010 at 10:36AM
belladom

Wow thanks, I would love to send a drawing of our home, but don't know how? How big is the beveled glass and how big is your door?? Thanks

Bookmark   August 22, 2010 at 5:35PM
silvamae

Our front door is just average sized. I went into my blog and inserted a picture of it in the same entry as a picture of the house. Click on the blog link below, then on the right side, click on 2009, then on the entry dated 12/08/09, then you will see a sculpture entitled ''looking south'' and the house is in the background. I inserted the door photo after that. I have a neighbor who has a house similar to ours but much larger and his door is in three sections and elaborately beveled and it looks lovely.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog

Bookmark   August 22, 2010 at 8:39PM
belladom

Hi Sylvia, thanks for the photo, it is beautiful, I especially loved the nature and the fox! looks like a nice life you have.

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 11:01PM
More Discussions
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)
Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop...
texaswild
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
Help! Newbie Ballchain
Hi everyone new here! I want to incorporate ball chain...
KathyC55
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™