What is this outlet

mmzymxfFebruary 26, 2012

I see this outlet on the wall of everyroom in the house. Just curious what is this for? Can I just remove them? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The image url in the previous message didn't seem to work.. Here it is...

    Bookmark   February 26, 2012 at 2:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ron Natalie

It's an old style telephone jack.

    Bookmark   February 26, 2012 at 2:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

For more information:

Since you have it off, you may as well replace it with an RJ-11 outlet (unless you're really going for that "retro" look and have a phone that uses one.


    Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 2:15PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
A/C wired to main panel only?
I had 2 electricians come out to bid upgrading my service...
Need help Replacing old dimmer that used only 2 wires in a three way
I need advice as to which wire to connect to which...
Replacing fan speed dial back to standard toggle?
I am removing a ceiling fan and replacing it with a...
Light boxes on/in 6X8 timber floor joists for log home
Just trying to figure how to wire a couple light fixtures/chandelier...
Well this sucks
Just when you thought the idiot popup ads in the gardenweb...
Ron Natalie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™