Outdoor Mosaic Mailbox
Good afternoon everyone! I've been on gardenweb for quite some time but have only looked on the garden forum....never realize it was so diverse until i googled mosaic questions :) I'd like to start making outdoor mosaic mailboxes for friends and family. I've done alittle research as far as supplies needed. The questions I have are :
1. I'd like to get fiberglass mesh to hold the design in place. After looking on the internet for options I'm overwhelmed with which size to go with. Also, noticed some people use basic grocery store contact paper to hold pieces together until your ready to tranfer the piece. What method do you prefer?
2. Since the mailboxes will be located outside in South Florida Rain and Heat. What type of adhesive should I use, Weldbond or IMO?
3. Do I really need to apply tile & grout sealer? If so, would you recommend "TileLab" or a different brand?
4. Sould I use thinset instead of grout?
5. Read that using plastic was not a good idea because tiles would not hold. I'd like to use wood or aluminum mailbox frames. What do you think? Is there a better surface? Where's the best place to buy?
Sorry for soooo many questions! Before I run out and buy everything I'd like to ask some experts :) Thanks for all your help.