Swamp cooler wall controls

eichlerguyFebruary 17, 2010

Hello, all,

I'm looking to relocate my roof-mounted swamp cooler's controls from the ceiling-mounted diffuser, where it currently resides, to a nearby wall. I've found wall-mounted rotary switches online, like this: http://www.comfortgurus.com/product_info.php/products_id/584.

My question is: is anyone aware of such a thing in a Decora format? I'd love to get it in next to an existing Decora light switch.


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ron Natalie

Unfortunately I don't think I've ever seen such (and a quick web search yields nothing). What you can do if a regular (non-decora) light switch plate will fit over the shaft of the thing (probably does) and if so, you can get switch plates that will have one decora-sized hole and one regular light switch style hole (they sell them for bathrooms where there's a conventional switch and a GFCI). Obviously, you'll have to come up with the labelling yourself.

    Bookmark   February 18, 2010 at 8:53AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If you live in an area were swamp coolers are extensively used, the local electrical supply houses might be able to help you.

    Bookmark   February 23, 2010 at 2:16PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Motion sensor that doesn't click
I have a motion sensor very much like the picture attached...
new wiring project
I have a water damaged room I will soon be renovating....
Multiple Fluorescent Ballasts in one light fixture
Hello GardenWeb. I'm not new here, but couldn't log...
Re-wiring range to service spa
what connectors are appropriate for joining 6-3 NMB...
Spa Capacitor question
My spa is wired for 220v. The pump motor is rated for...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™