New Construction - Window Advice Requested

ratucker3June 4, 2011

We have a new home under construction....can't really budget top line windows so I am seeking info and opinions on middle grade windows for a new home. I would prefer: not to have to paint inside and out in the future so I've been surfing for vinyl or fiberglass (but had bad luck with a fiberglass door in our current home). Brands that my builder has used previously are PlyGem, Andersen, Windsor, and our current home has Pella clad double hung (and we've had good luck with them----20 years in age).

I will need in new home double hung, I like tilt/wash feature as I'm getting on in age with respect to washing windows, and as previously stated pre-finished inside and out. Our home is in deep south on Alabama/Florida line.....thanks so much for your input and opinions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GulfBreezeWindows

Brands I sell and like in your area would be PGT, Gorell, Simonton, SilverLine, Atrium.

I don't like PlyGems and I actually sold a few, because they tend to fade in the sun, especially the new construction stuff.

Anderson's vinyl line is SilverLine and they have a fiberglass line too.

I don't sell Pella unless someone really wants it, thats from personal experience, and knowing a supervisor at Pella.

Bookmark   June 6, 2011 at 3:15PM
AndersenWindows

Andersen also has a vinyl clad wood window with the tilt feature called the 200 Series Tilt-Wash Double-Hung. A window with alot of the features and accessories of a premium window at a lower price. Check them out on line for more details.

Here is a link that might be useful: Andersen 200 Series Tilt-Wash Double-Hung windows

Bookmark   June 7, 2011 at 10:45AM
millworkman

Dam, look at that now we even have Andersen Windows spamming the site.

Bookmark   June 7, 2011 at 11:07AM
More Discussions
Which LoE coating ?
New construction. House located in Knoxville, Tennessee Front...
buildinse
Brand recommendation?
I would very much appreciate some recommendations on...
oakenacres
Install expectations?
just had windows installed and before I complain to...
rosebay
Time to replace the windows?
There has been almost constant ice build up around...
tonyzzztony
Simonton 5500 v. Soft-Lite Pro (replacement and new )
Hi, We are remodeling our house in Washington DC. We...
amy2905
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™