Wood window companies in Dallas Area

kmiskoJune 6, 2012

I got 5 bids on replacing 14 year wood windows which were falling apart even though they were not that old from being built by the company that went bankrupt about 5 years ago. Apparently they "pieced" the windows together for the builder rather than use correct, structural wood?

The range of the bids has been comical...at times, while it is really insulting to a consumer who can research products. Are there reputable companies, who are forthright and have longevity, in the Dallas/Plano area who will do a great job, with a quality product, whether it is Pella, Marvin, Anderson, or a local vendor who will provide proper installation and fair pricing in a timely manner?

I appreciate any help and insights. TIA, k

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Windows on Washington Ltd

The best contractor that I know of in the Dallas area is run by a gentleman at Ultra Windows.

Randy is one of the consummate professionals and does not do any of the bait and switch and hard close that you have likely been exposed to.

http://ultrawindows.net/

Here is a link that might be useful: Ultra Windows

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 7:10AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
highport

Try The Energy Shop in Carrollton & National Window & Door Source in Dallas. Both have years of experience, carry several different brands, employ their own installers & are NOT high pressure sales. Good Luck

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 9:34AM
More Discussions
French Door Advice (looking for affordable alternative)
We are looking to replace a sliding door with a french...
state00
Any opinions on Hurd H3?
I know Hurd is not well-regarded here on GW but the...
song_ca
Storm doors with hidden built-in screens?
I'm considering doing something "strange,"...
texasgal47
Thinking about installing Jeld-Wen Premium Vinyl Windows...
My husband and I are looking into getting Low E vinyl...
LittleHouseotPrairie
Pros please help differentiate between two window manufacturers...
Hello, we are the midst of a new construction build...
rebph
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™