Inspiration site.

flagtruckAugust 24, 2009

Here is the site that Crystal and her photos linked to and I love everything this lady does. I am presently coating sections of the pool noodles with mortar and sticking them on rebar to dry. I think then I will mosaic them and probably add saucers with holes drilled in them as spacers. Don't know yet, still playing with this. I call them totems and Slow is calling them a fence.

Here is a link that might be useful: Totems/fence?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daisyme

Oh, I can see why you love those!

Bookmark   August 24, 2009 at 3:18PM
Calamity_J

WOW!!! Her stuff is amazing!!! I like the idea of pool noodles...keep it comin'!!! Ahhhh, Not Another Project!!!??? Help me!!!

Bookmark   August 24, 2009 at 10:14PM
stjohnsgypsy

I love all that..........how do you get a price list or a catalogue...I couldn't find how? LOVE her stuff!

Bookmark   August 25, 2009 at 1:06PM
flagtruck

Gypsy-check her site for a phone # or get in touch with Crystal either here or on Carls. She just did a show with this lady. I am racking my brain trying to figure out how to do something like this but not all ceramic. I do a lot of ceramics but I would not have the patience or the tools to do all that clay work. Slow has done the start of one of the totems with metal lath. So far I have coated pool noodles with crete and will paint or mosaic them. Today I cut foam into circles and scallops for spacers and will need to get a hole in them then cover with crete. I have also thought of using two saucers glued together face ot face and holes drilled in them to slide on the rebar and act as spacers.I think a mosaiced gourd would make a nice topper with the metal lath leaves below it. Tons of possibilities. Crystal did not know how expensive these were, I would love to have a dozen and I know you would too, as you have lots of space for them in your acreage.

Bookmark   August 25, 2009 at 2:42PM
More Discussions
My last commission of 2014
A dear friend's sister commissioned me to make this...
silvamae
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™