internal blinds on sliding door?

kithelpJune 22, 2009

Please share your experiences with internal blinds on a glass sliding door. I am considered about how easly the blinds could break because I assume that you cannot or cannot easily replace the blinds.. TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lynne_SJO

What kind of blinds are you talking about? There are hundreds of different types and opening mechanisms. We've had ours for 10+ years and they operate like new.

We have 3 sets of 8' high Milgard sliding glass doors. Two have vertical blinds and the third, in the kitchen, has the kind of thin, roll-up kind (hard to describe, but often used in restaurants for blocking out sun glare - we can see through them when down, or roll them up for a clear view.)

One must open the blinds, whatever you have, in order to open the sliding doors. Don't see what the concern is over replacing them (or a section) if they break or why breakage would be more likely w sliders than any other kind of window w blinds on it.

Our painter broke the vertical blinds in the MBR (grabbed onto the cord to catch his balance). I just called the shop that had installed them (and I purchased them from). They did send them back to the factory to be re-strung, then came back and re-installed them. My painter paid the cost, which was about $250.

L

Bookmark   June 26, 2009 at 3:21PM
More Discussions
Softlite Elements windows quote reasonable?
We're in MA. We've been quoted $13,300 for installing...
ppurus
Feedback / sanity check on Marvin & Kolbe quotes
So I got my rough quotes from a local Marvin Design...
aptosca
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89
We're getting ready to remodel our kitchen and DR,...
lisa_a
Install expectations?
just had windows installed and before I complain to...
rosebay
Quick advice re: matching door and window grills & transom size
I have french doors sitting between two sets of side...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™