Water leak inside window

P_BennettJune 12, 2013

This video is not mine, but I have the same problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on at least a temporary fix for this. Is it wise to seal up the leak from the inside - or will that just create another leak somewhere else?

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TY1DT7kds0

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

Tells us nothing about your conditions, you need to take pictures for us. Also this should not attempt to be fixed from the inside and will more than likely require the removal of the siding and the window. If you have a leak that bad you have a major issue there that needs to be dealt with promptly and properly and I would suggest getting a competent contractor involved immediately if not sooner.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 2:14PM
millworkman

Tells us nothing about your conditions, you need to take pictures for us. Also this should not attempt to be fixed from the inside and will more than likely require the removal of the siding and the window. If you have a leak that bad you have a major issue there that needs to be dealt with promptly and properly and I would suggest getting a competent contractor involved immediately if not sooner.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 3:07PM
windowsonwashington

Can you get a picture of the exterior? That, given the location of the leak, looks like an issue with the floor above.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 3:38PM
More Discussions
Replace or Repair?
We are about to purchase a home outside Columbus, OH...
jackrh97
Kitchen Sliding Patio Door
Hi everyone! My slider is junky and the frame around...
LSSF
Looking for recomendations re: replacing sliding patio doors in MN
As the title says, I'm researching replacement our...
billpw
Simonton 5500 v. Soft-Lite Pro (replacement and new )
Hi, We are remodeling our house in Washington DC. We...
amy2905
Major Disappointment With Pella Windows and Doors - Caveat Emptor
We were rebuilding and adding to our home located in...
braintreemass
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™