Marvin Ultimate Clad vs. Marvin Infinity

larrynkyJune 26, 2011

I have received quotes on Marvin Ultimate Clad and Marvin Infinity windows. There are 6 openings with 17 casement windows and 1 round top. The quotes are from separate dealers. The specs for these windows are essentially the same in terms of Lo E366 glass and grill specs. As of now the Ultimate Clad is approximately 15% more than the Infinity. I feel a little better about the Ultimate dealer but both are very reputable and have been in business for quite a while. Is this difference large enough (about $3,500) to go with the Ultimate Clad? Does one of these windows offer an distinct advantage over the the other that I may be missing? Thanks for your thoughts.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

Ultimate clad's are a full frame window generally new construction or full ripout of existing window and the Infinity is a replacement type or insert windows.

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 1:24PM
eastbay10

Very different windows. Ultimate Clad is a aluminum clad wood and Infinity is a fiberglass product. Both are very good products.
Did you get the replacement casement quoted in the Ultimate line? Which one do you like better? If it is the Infinity, is it is worth the difference? I think only you can answer that.

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 4:06PM
larrynky

The quotes are for a full replacement on my windows. I guess what sticks in my mind is the clad still has wood and has the potential for rot down the road. As for the Infinity it does not seem there is anything to rot on these windows although I am not sure which finish will holdup better in the long run. Another positive for the Infinity is the outside can be painted if necessary down the road not sure that is true the clad. So not sure what is best longevity. Both appear to be solid windows. I am more impressed with the clad dealer who has communicated installation procedures and what happens to minimize damage to the area surrounding the windows on the interior which will leave paint and wallpaper in tact when the job is done.

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 8:48PM
PRO
Windows on Washington Ltd

The clad window can be painted as well.

Typically the Ultimate is more expensive by comparison but they are both great windows. You can't go wrong with either.

Just get the right product for your application now and make sure that your installer knows his craft.

Bookmark   June 28, 2011 at 8:22AM
More Discussions
Sunrise, Marvin, and window shopping woes
Hello, I am looking for some advice. Briefly, we live...
Summer
Pros please help differentiate between two window manufacturers...
Hello, we are the midst of a new construction build...
rebph
Any opinions on Hurd H3?
I know Hurd is not well-regarded here on GW but the...
song_ca
pulley and weight window stuck open
I cannot get it closed even though I basically hang...
Cynna622
French Door Advice (looking for affordable alternative)
We are looking to replace a sliding door with a french...
state00
Sponsored Products
Adesso Marvin 23 in. Black Oval Ligt Table AR3267-01
Home Depot
"Flower Left" Giclee - BLACK/WHITE
$630.00 | Horchow
"Flower Center" Giclee - BLACK/WHITE
$630.00 | Horchow
"Flower Right" Giclee - BLACK/WHITE
$630.00 | Horchow
Marvin Pelkey 'Quiet Invitation' Canvas Art
Overstock.com
Arteriors Home - Marvin Desk Lamp - 49971
Great Furniture Deal
"Harmony" Painting - MULTI COLORS
$1,125.00 | Horchow
Marvin Owl Shape Throw Pillow (Multiple Options)
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™