Forgot to point out on Etiquette

lamomJuly 14, 2010

I forgot to point out that the young nephew who passed at 20 is of course, my skids 1st cousin, and his father, DH's brother, is their uncle.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
finedreams

how sad and awful for a young man's parents, of course DH had to be there to support everyone

Bookmark   July 14, 2010 at 8:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
silversword

Again, LA, I am so sorry. This tears at my heartstrings. So young. Of course your DH had to be there for his brother. I cannot imagine how devastated they must feel.

There have been several young people (16-25) who have died in my extended family/friends lately. The pain is nearly unspeakable. I was not particularly close to any of these people but am haunted frequently by the "what-ifs" and the knowledge that their close loved ones have an immense hole that will never be filled. Listening to a mother comment on FB that her daughter will never get married, no grandkids, no wedding, no senior prom, no college... so many dreams gone.

How callous of your Skids not to acknowledge the pain of their father and that when someone dies unexpectedly and tragically often people do not think straight and are not capable of rationalizing their time (ie, being able to consider the feelings of an ex-spouses family).

Bookmark   July 15, 2010 at 2:49PM
More Discussions
Marrying Widower with Adult Children
Somebody help me, please! I am about to marry a widower...
sweet3643
Half sister/cousin question
This is a little weird...but without a ton of details....
adayinmylife75
husband has new found 21 year old daughter
I am having a lot of trouble coping. Please dont beat...
bethster71
His ex controls the situation through the kids
I have been dating my BF for over 3 years now and his...
chester13
New- Really need help..
Hi I am new here but hoping as people in the same...
runrun2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™