Custom Milgard windows

bill341May 20, 2009

I wanted to get some advice.

I am trying to find a vendor/contractor to get some Milgard (Tuscany series) windows for my house. However we are on a busy road so I wanted to get upgraded glass panes for better sound deadening. I have asked 3 different companies to quote me windows with different thickness of glass panes, such as 3/16ths and 1/8th. However all three tried to sell me something else like fiberglass or triple pane, and never gave me a quote on what I wanted. I had to literally kick one guy out of my house because he was trying to get me to sign a contract, and would not listen to what I was asking him. It seemed like I knew more about the windows then he did.

I confirmed with Milgard that what I am asking is possible. So why are all the contractors steering me away from what I asked for? Is it that difficult to do, or are the people I am working with just lazy? Anyone else know of windows that are easier to get custom made with upgraded glass?

Thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jbbb

Bill-

there is no charge to "upgrade" to 1/8" on the milgard tuscany. If the window is 5ft or over it's standard- if it's not standard- then tell your salesman that is what you want- and do not let them try to charge you.

Bookmark   May 22, 2009 at 5:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kndee

The upgrade to 1/8" thickness is more expensvie to Milgard dealer. It isn't that much. Dealers want to make sales so they just say its no charge even though there is. Some Milgard dealers don't even know single strength glass is standard on their window lines.

Why dealers are steering you away from it is that the 3/16 upgrade is expensive.

Bookmark   June 5, 2009 at 4:06AM
More Discussions
Alside Mezzo Window Reviews
I was shown the alside mezzo window by a local contractor....
applex
Need help. Looking for window expert consultant in Minneapolis
We had our windows replaced (full replacement) and...
judyrk
Windows E-store windows (ECOXtreme)
We are looking at several new construction windows...
Jennifer
Best Window for Seasonal Cabin
I am building a small cabin in northeast Wisconsin...
mjlambert08
And then there were 3 - new build window package quotes in - thoughts?
So we have final bids on the 3 options we are down...
dfb_jlw
Sponsored Products
DENY Designs Bird Ave University Fleece Throw Blanket - 13609-FLELAR
$59.00 | Hayneedle
21 Series Square Canopy Pendant by Bocci
$13,860.00 | Lumens
Desk Lamps: 15.5 in. 1-Light Iris Desk Lamp HDY0581AN-IR
$9.88 | Home Depot
Winners Only Horizon 16 in. Drawer & File Pedestal - Brown Cherry - GHK216C
$340.00 | Hayneedle
Tivoli Wall Sconce by Hudson Valley Lighting
$268.00 | Lumens
WA 3528 Quad Row LED Strip Light 450/m 28mm wide Foot
EnvironmentalLights.com
Designers Choice Collection Track Lighting Series 15 Line Voltage GU-10 Soft
$29.18 | Home Depot
Versailles Heirloom Bronze Two-Light Clear Rock Wall Sconce, 13.5W x 22.5H x 13.
Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™