Mixing windows

mel71May 15, 2012

My home has the original 1930's wood windows. In the living room and the dining room, the wood is stained and looks beautiful. In the bedrooms, the wood is painted white. I would like to replace the windows and feel double hung vinyl windows are the most cost effective for the bedrooms, but I would like to keep a stained wood interior in the living and dining rooms. I was thinking of doing Anderson in those rooms with a white vinyl exterior to match the vinyl bedroom windows on the exterior elevation, but I don't like the white rubber seals that appear against the wood in Anderson double hung windows. Does anyone have any suggestions of other window lines that may achieve my goal?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
WindowDog

Look at Marvin Infinity with the Everwood interior. Fiberglass framed. Can be stained any color, or it also comes in white, is also paintable, and there are exterior color options. One of the best alternatives on the market, in my opinion.
I recommend avoiding 'fibrex' products like Renewal as high end vinyl would be much better than that, if you like vinyl.
My 2cents.

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 9:46PM
millworkman

Plus one on the Dog's statements

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 7:57AM
windowsonwashington

Marvin Infinity with Everwood, Starmark composite with stainable interior, or Inline fiberglass with wood interior.

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 8:42AM
More Discussions
Brand recommendation?
I would very much appreciate some recommendations on...
oakenacres
new construction vs "replacement" windows
I am somewhat confused from reading various company...
mmdoh
Window in a shower?
We are planning a remodel of our second floor master...
numbersjunkie
Contractor introduced me to yet another window, Vi Win Tech windows???
A building contractor we are using for a garage guesthouse...
happyallison
Is this too much to pay?
My mom has two sets of French doors she needs to have...
joaniben
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™