Cutting with a Diamond Laser Saw

FlowrPowrJuly 26, 2008

Hello forum, it's been a long time since I've posted. I'm hoping that someone can help me out with a new diamond saw that I bought. I was playing around with it earlier and I was having a bit of trouble getting clean cuts. I would get to the very end of a cut and the last 1/8 to 1/4 inch would break instead of the cut going all the way through. Is this typical with a diamond saw? My saw is a DL3000-XL. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Lori

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Calamity_J

Maybe you are pushing too hard? Congrats on the new toy! I've got a taurus3 ring saw and LOVE it and I'm sure you will get the hang of it! I know I was pushing stuff thru too hard when I first got going...I've been using my tile saw for my fireplace project right now, and was doing the same thing again...trying to push it thru, and the blade actually stopped!!! Boy was I worried, but as soon as I let some pressure off, it was okay again...I'm just glad I haven't broken either of these saws before I get the hang of them!!!lol! Jane

Bookmark   July 27, 2008 at 1:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flagtruck

Let the saw do the work, apply even pressure with both hands and hold the ends together as you feed your tile thru. It is like Jane says don't push too hard or too fast. The saw will tend to kick the last little bit and let it break instead of cut if you don't have a hand on both sides of your cut. I find that when I get in a hurry this happens. Most of the time on china and dishes it doesn't matter, but on tile it renders only one half useful.Keep practicing and go slower, hold tighter.

Bookmark   July 27, 2008 at 7:11AM
More Discussions
One more ready for the kiln
I love working with glass . I love being able to go...
toomuchglass
Need grout colour suggestion.
I have been working on this project through the holidays...
tiffy_z5_6_can
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
I have been making some mirrors...
I am enjoying looking at all of your mosaics and I...
angs_pool
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™