Help! Okna 500 or Sunrise Restoration

HWK.123456789May 1, 2014

I'm a first-time homeowner who is getting some replacement vinyl windows. It has come down to two bids: one is for Okna 500 windows, the other for Sunrise Restoration. The Okna 500 bid is asking for $600 more.

There is a lot of info on Oknas and I know they are good...but is it worth the cost difference?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mmarse1

Sunrise Restorations is a very good window and i applaud you for seeking out quality opposed to what most customers do: search for cheapness and regret it later( they always regret it).
That said, $600 is a very insignificant amount when you are talking about an investment that will last decades.
Think about it, would life be that much better if you saved a measly 600 bucks for a home improvement project?
I am just trying to put things in proper perspective.

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 10:25AM
HWK.123456789

I guess my issue is that I don't see a big quality difference when I look at the specs online for the Okna 500 and Sunrise Restoration. I haven't seen the windows in person, so perhaps appearance is a factor? Any guidance on why one is superior to the other would be appreciated.

My main issue is I want to reduce street noise as much as possible (and have good looking windows too).

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 10:46AM
HWK.123456789

I guess my issue is that I don't see a big quality difference when I look at the specs online for the Okna 500 and Sunrise Restoration. I haven't seen the windows in person, so perhaps appearance is a factor? Any guidance on why one is superior to the other would be appreciated.

My main issue is I want to reduce street noise as much as possible (and have good looking windows too).

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 10:47AM
UltraWindows

Both are great windows, so you really can't go wrong with either one, therefore I'd choose the contractor you're more comfortable with.

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 1:46PM
bpchiil

+1 to ultra - both great windows - comes down to the installers. If they are both equal - flip a coin :)

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 8:29PM
More Discussions
Window in a shower?
We are planning a remodel of our second floor master...
numbersjunkie
Marvin: Can't find Air Infiltration Specs
I am choosing between Marvin clad and Woodwright double...
texas_al
Kitchen Sliding Patio Door
Hi everyone! My slider is junky and the frame around...
LSSF
Good quality French door style slider with blinds between the glass?
I'm in Texas. These would be replacement doors for...
texasgal47
Whistling in windows with big gusts
Hello, I had new Okna 500s installed this past spring...
sgilliatt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™