Clear Choice USA Windows

zookeeper93May 20, 2010

I am having a new front door installed today (Fiberglass from Pella - I am hoping it is better than what I have heard about their windows) and the installer (recommendation from a friend)and I got to talking about windows. He mentioned he works for a franchise in town called Clear Choice. They are vinyl windows. Company website says $183 per window installed. Seems too low to be any good. While I like the price, I want a great window. He's going to bid my replacement while he's here.

Any opinions or experience with Clear Choice?

I lIve in the DFW area. I would like to stay around $600-$650 total for 2 windows & install. Is that totally out of line for a good window. These windows are on the garage with a south exposure.

My home is 11 years old and I have white coated metal (aluminum?) windows. They are double pane, single hung. Most of them are 3'8"x6'0". So far, they have held up well.

4 of the windows that are on the front of the house are half arch? eyebrow. Two of them, on the garage, need to be replaced. Once has a broken seal (seemed to happen after we power washed) and the other has a big crack on the interior pane.

I don't know what to replace these windows with. I cannot replace all the windows in the front so that they all match. So, I would like these two new windows to match the old ones or at least compliment. If I can afford it, I MIGHT be open to replacing the other two eyebrow windows, as that is my eldest' room, and those windows take a lot of southern summer sun.

Feedback appreciated.

(A search on this site brought up an old thread with few commments so I was interested in updated opinions)

(The windows on the left are the broken ones that need replacing)

More Discussions
Dual pane window retrofit, for sound blocking, question on thickness.
Been looking at options on vinyl windows with better...
mystrwizard
Modern Windows
Can anyone suggest an affordable modern window? Thanks!...
shorty
Storm doors with hidden built-in screens?
I'm considering doing something "strange,"...
texasgal47
Kitchen Sliding Patio Door
Hi everyone! My slider is junky and the frame around...
LSSF
Full Replacement Questions, Resources?!? Woodwright vs. E-series?
We are in the midst of ordering full-frame replacements...
joeyjoey1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™