BM ruined SD's wedding-OMG-horror
I officially have the worst BM's story. i think it beats everyone else's.
we just came back from SO's DD's destination wedding. wedding was on island resort, everyone (with the exception of some of the groom's family who live on that island) stayed on the same resort. Most of the things that happened there sounds unbelivable so I will just provide highlights. BM didn't really ruined the wedding because everyone else compensated wiht making it good experience for bride and groom, but she tried very hard to ruin it. here are some of the highlights.
1. BM's live-in BF (TOM by the way) is very rowdy alcoholic so both DDs never stay at moms. BM refused to help wiht the wedding because she supports her BF who, due to drinking 24/7, has no job. She told DD27 that she cannot afford to help wiht anything because she has to buy clothes and ticket etc for the BF. BM did nothing for the wedding, not financially not emotionally not wiht organization.
2. The very first day at the resort BM and her BF started drinking at 9AM at the bar and drank none stop the entire duration of the stay there.
3. no one from BM's family came to the wedding (which is understandable for destination)but not one person sent a card or a gift or called or anything, and she has huge family. Bride and groom were shocked.
4. I came up to BM (around noon time and I noticed she is wasted but it was too late for me to back off)to congratulate her on her daughter's wedding and to say some nice words, while i was still talking she turned around and walked away. DD27 and DD20 (maid of honor) apologized and said our mother is already drunk so do not take her behavior personally.
5.BM and her BF both passed out drunk by the pool at 3PM in front of everyone. they tried to walk later but had to hold onto things as to walk.
6. BM and her BF didn't sober up by the rehearsal dinner. they wobbled to a restaurant holding each other up. at the rehearsal dinner her BF sat at the head of the table (why?)and got loud and inappropriate while BM passed out and had to be woken up, when she woke up she started passionatelly kissing her BF. BM tried to go the bathroom but was unable to walk staright so she had to hold onto the chairs and walls. My SO was red wiht embarassment tried to distract everyone. Bride was embarassed and had tears in her eyes, then the whole crowd tried to distract from BM's behavior. after rehearsal BM and BF went to sit by a bar and drink more.
6. wedding morning: we had offical signing of the marriage lisence (they required 2 non relatives to sign so that's why I had to be the one along wiht DDs' girlfriend). BM and BF were hungover and before we knew in a middle of justice talking BF ran to DD27 and her groom and started kissing them.
7. before the actual wedding I stood in the hallway when BM's BF came up to me and tried to pushed me out of the way because he wanted to be the first one to see the bride, his arm went over my head messing up my hairdo (I just came from a beaty parlor). i didn't say anything to SO because I didn't want to upset him.
8. at the wedding site both BM and her BF were already wasted and her BF stood by the altar in the middle of it while my SO and the bride were getting ready to go down to the altar (ceremony was on the beach). DD20 (maid of honor) told BF to sit down.
9. BM was wearing cotton beach cover-up (that showed her swim suit or bra sticking out) to her daughter's wedding and flip flops and didn't change for the reception dinner either, that's what she wore the entire time. Everyone else was dressed up.
fast forward to the reception. BM was too drunk already to walk around or talk to people so she just sat there. BF (by the way he is 60) asked young girl to dance (DD27 colleague) and he was so drunk that he fell on the dancing floor (yes, I do not make it up, he fell on his back) and dragged poor girl down, she hurt herself but he got up and din't let her go back and danced like crazy drunk holding her tight.
after he fell, SO came up to the bride and groom said he is going to talk to BM to make her BF behave (because it would escalate to more embrassment if he contnues this). Bride was afraid if he would do that BF would start a fight, so she and a groom went to BM to tell her to keep BF from misbehaving, at that point BM was passed out and had to be woken up.
I will skip the rest of the details (which were too many) but shortly after that BM and BF left the wedding, so majority of the wedding they were gone. DD27 and her groom didn't see when they left and asked people if anyone saw them leave, nobody did, but it made bride very upset that her mother left the wedding. BM never saw wedding cake cutting, bride and groom dance, etc, they were gone early.
in the morning aftre the wedding BM never came to DD27 to say good bye never came to talk to DD20 and never apologized to her daughter for leaving the wedding.
SO was in so much stress the entire time to keep it all together and keep appearances that i was afraid for his health. I have to say he did an excellent job to keep everything running smoothly. i did my best to do everything for the bride and the groom and the rest of the family as to balance. i didn't overstep and did what i could and what was appropriate.
Now you tell me if this BM's story beats everyone else's. i am still in shock.