Andersen Narroline Window Repair

williamfw57May 17, 2009

I have an Andersen Narroline window thats has a broken sash how do I get it out and to the glass co.? its not a pop out and it has the strings in it thanx

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
afsa

Unfortunately for Andersen you really need to purchase a new sash. I would measure the visible glass only and take the measurements to your local LUMBERYARD or WINDOW DEALER(not Home Depot). They will order the sash for you and provide you with detailed instructions for the removal of the old sash as you need to carefully remove the split jamb liner then unplug the plastic piece on the end of the string being careful not to let it fly up and hit the plastic head piece on both sides of the sash. If its the upper sash your replacing you will need to repeat the string removal again. Replacing is done essentially in reverse. I would still ask at the dealer as the have these printed up that will make it much easier to follow.

Bookmark   May 18, 2009 at 12:38PM
rjoh878646

This is voice of experience. When removing the balance strings,use a pair of vice grips with rubber pads on the jaws to grip the string at the location where it goes into the top of the window before removing it from the sash. Do this on both sides at the same time. These have a lot of tension on them. When you get the sash out hold onto the plastic piece that goes into the sash and release the pliers and SLOWLY let it spool into the head jamb. If these get away from you they will destroy themselves.

If you don't feel confident doing this yourself, let someone who has experience take out the old jamb and put in the new one. Before you put it in stain or paint the interior. A lot easier that way.

Bookmark   May 24, 2009 at 11:24PM
ibwindows

Call Andersen. They will directly sell you the sash and send a tech to your house to repair it.

Takes about 20 minutes and it'll set you back about 500 bucks.

Bookmark   May 25, 2009 at 9:09PM
More Discussions
Remove window film immediately?
My contractor has been installing my new Anderson Woodwright...
keys
Full Replacement Questions, Resources?!? Woodwright vs. E-series?
We are in the midst of ordering full-frame replacements...
joeyjoey1
Best Window for Seasonal Cabin
I am building a small cabin in northeast Wisconsin...
mjlambert08
Windows E-store windows (ECOXtreme)
We are looking at several new construction windows...
Jennifer
Lockheed, Certainteed Bryn Mawr III, or Alliance
Wondering which is the better new construction vinyl...
16cassie
Sponsored Products
Bungalow Flooring Favenay Indoor / Outdoor Mat - 1.83 x 2.58 ft. - 204911242231
$34.99 | Hayneedle
I'm Boo Carafe
Design Within Reach
Bungalow Flooring Spring Porto Indoor / Outdoor Mat - 1.83 x 2.58 ft. - 20400582
$34.99 | Hayneedle
Bungalow Flooring Damask Indoor / Outdoor Mat - 1.83 x 2.58 ft. - 20294502231
$34.99 | Hayneedle
Bungalow Flooring Tabriz Indoor / Outdoor Mat - 1.83 x 2.58 ft. - 20491052231
$34.99 | Hayneedle
Bungalow Flooring Water Guard Elipse Indoor / Outdoor Mat - 842500023
$34.99 | Hayneedle
Bungalow Flooring Siam Indoor / Outdoor Mat - 1.83 x 2.58 ft. - 20400842231
$34.99 | Hayneedle
Johannes Andersen Allegra Style Stool
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for: