Lessons from this board
1. From the thread, "This is difficult . . ." FSM (yes, not even married yet) complains about Dad being generous with providing for the mother of his 1 YO.
Lesson Dads should not be generous in providing a good home for children if they are not married to mom.
2. From " Birth mother . . ." Dad should provide for SMs kidÂs college.
3. From numerous threads Â Dad should feel no obligation to pay for his owns kids college.
4. From Silver Â Dad either married first wife when she was unequal and had no education (yesterdayÂs model), or if educated, uppity.
5. From Silver, -- the nerve of me to point out that second marriages, especially with kids, donÂt generally last. Odd staggering against them.
And btw Silver, if you are so much the modern generation and educated, etc. how much does the father of your children provide for their college etc.? And btw when I seperated, it took attorneys a long time to work out irrevocable (in law and in fact) arrangements for DD. Trusts can be changed, wills can be changed, at the end of the day, X ended up leaving property in my name.