French Door Second Door Latch Plates

mav3481April 5, 2011

All,

I purchased a Jeld-Wen door from Home Depot to replace an old Sliding Glass door (on a budget). I ordered Satin Nickel hardware, however HD/Jeld-Wen state that they don't have the latch plates for the top and bottom of the second "dummy" (which opens in my case) in satin nickel.

These go on the sill and the top of the door to stop it from moving back and forth. I'm trying to find these online.

The holes are 3/8" x 3/8", the plate being approximately 7/8" wide and 2 1/4" long.

Can anyone help? I'd like to buy them and go back up to Home Depot to have them give me money back.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

Good luck in this, the best thing you may try is to look at the flush bolts and try and find a brand name and if you find one try that manufacturer for the strike plates. If there is no brand( and I suspect there will not be) look on the internet at Ives or Stanley Hardware and see if they look similar and if they do try and get the plates from them at a local hardware store or lumberyard. My opinion has always been to be careful with the box stores as the small details always seem to get overlooked by them!!

Bookmark   April 6, 2011 at 9:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mav3481

"Good luck in this, the best thing you may try is to look at the flush bolts and try and find a brand name and if you find one try that manufacturer for the strike plates. If there is no brand( and I suspect there will not be) look on the internet at Ives or Stanley Hardware and see if they look similar and if they do try and get the plates from them at a local hardware store or lumberyard. My opinion has always been to be careful with the box stores as the small details always seem to get overlooked by them!!"

I actually had e-mailed Jeld-Wen last night before I posted this and I got a phone call this morning. Apparently their supplier does not manufacture them, however they had some in their warehouse and they are sending them to me!

Can't receive if you don't ask...

I'll have one more door to replace, so I'll have to find two more at some point. Thanks for the pointers.

Bookmark   April 6, 2011 at 2:30PM
More Discussions
Looking for recomendations re: replacing sliding patio doors in MN
As the title says, I'm researching replacement our...
billpw
Sliding Glass Door Brand Recommendations
Thank you for your help here a week or so ago, when...
Carrie B
Deciding between Grand Estates/Amcraft or Okna 500dx, advice?
Both are new construction. The Grand Estates is just...
happyallison
new construction vs "replacement" windows
I am somewhat confused from reading various company...
mmdoh
Time to replace the windows?
There has been almost constant ice build up around...
tonyzzztony
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™