New Construction Albuquerque Pella vs Marvin

nmsteveApril 1, 2013

Getting ready to break ground on a new custom home. The home has 25 windows, 3 patio inswing doors and a 16' four panel slider. The windows are casements, fixed, and a few awnings. The majority of the windows are 3' x 6' with the doors all being 8 'tall. We are really wanting the wood look on the interior so vinyl really isn't an option. The local builder recommends pella. I asked him if he was familiar with any of the issues with Pella and said he has installed thousands of Pella windows with very few complaints.The sales rep (selling Pella for 20 years) from pella said that the majority of Pella issues were from coastal areas and he has never heard of these issues in the dry climate of the southwest. So, we got bids for the Pella Architect and Designer series with integrated cellular shades. The Architect came in at $19,030.00 and the Designer Series is $28,437.00. I read alot about the Marvin Integrity and am thinking this might be my best option. Their quote was $21,254.00. Also got a quote for the Marvin Infinity series and it was $23,675.00 .

Looking for pros/cons for each to assist in making my decision. Other considerations I'm aware of here in Albuquerque are Kolbe, Wethershield, Hurd, Eagle, Serious, Anderson, and Sierra Pacific.

Of these, I might be interesedt in the Kolbe, Anderson 400 or the Sierra Pacific.

Any opinions/experience would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thechad1

Out of your 4 quotes, I would go with the marvin infinity. But I would also take a good look at the Andersen A series. very nice window !!!

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 1:33AM
PRO
Windows on Washington Ltd

Was the Integrity quote for the all Ultrex or Wood/Ultrex combo?

If the latter, that is a good number on a good window.

If not, the Infinity is the better quote as it is much prettier than the all Ultrex Integrity.

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 8:55AM
nmsteve

The Integrity is the Wood/Ultrex combo and as far as I can tell, it seems to be my best quote. As for the Infinity, it's really hard to tell if their quote was good since they are the only Infinity dealer in the area. I'm leaning toward the Integrity strictly based on the cost difference. BTW, the doors from both the Marvin lines are for the same door; Integrity nor Infinity didn't offer so they quoted a traditional Marvin. Thanks for your suggestions.

This post was edited by NMSteve on Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 18:48

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 6:41PM
PRO

If it was the Integrity Wood/Ultrex combo, that is a fairly attractive window. If you were talking about the all Ultrex, I would highly recommend you see that window in person before making the decision on purchase.

Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 8:22AM
nmsteve

I was leaning toward the Marvin Integrity but then I went to look at the Sierra Pacific and they ended up about $2,000 cheaper. It seems like a very nice and well built window.

What are the opinions on the Sierra Pacific window?

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 4:17PM
millworkman

Average at best and not even close to Integrity period.

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 7:33PM
PRO

+1

MillWorkMan knows his stuff on these windows and I also think that your money is better spent with Marvin.

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 11:44AM
More Discussions
Full Replacement Questions, Resources?!? Woodwright vs. E-series?
We are in the midst of ordering full-frame replacements...
joeyjoey1
Love my New Front Door, But It's Still Cold in Entryway
I have my new steel entry door installed with new sidelites....
sahmmy_gw
Kitchen Sliding Patio Door
Hi everyone! My slider is junky and the frame around...
LSSF
And then there were 3 - new build window package quotes in - thoughts?
So we have final bids on the 3 options we are down...
dfb_jlw
Plantation Shutters Pros/Cons, need advice
Hi, I'm new to this website and owning a home so forgive...
rehsanipoor
Sponsored Products
Navy & Beige Averil Indoor/Outdoor Rug
$24.99 | zulily
Safavieh Area Rug: Courtyard Sand/Black 4' x 5' 7"
$77.97 | Home Depot
Oriental Red Hand Knotted 5'X7' Wool & Silk Nepalese Rug H1860
BH Sun Inc
HBNW12 Kit HBLED Undercab 12 inch neutral white kit
EnvironmentalLights.com
Traditional Aged Brass Finish 7" Wide Ceiling Light
Lamps Plus
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Chandra Rugs Kathryn Taupe/Blue 7 ft. 9
Home Depot
Gingko Leaves Buffet Lamp
$705.00 | Horchow
Alliyah Handmade Tobacco Brown New Zealand Blend Wool Rug (9' x 12')
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™