Replacement windows by Andersen

windowscostmoneyApril 2, 2010

I just received a quote of $12.5k by Renewal by Andersen to replace 11 awning windows (39" by 26"). These are fiberglass replacements but I have no idea if this is a reasonable price. I intensely dislike the "if you buy now I will cut the proce" routine. Gives me a feeing like you are being rushed because there is a better deal out there and they don't want you to know about it. I am doing some price checking tomorrow but my question is does this price sound reasonable? Thxs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
windowsonwashington

They are not fiberglass. They are Fibrex. Big difference. The Fibrex material is a wood and resin matrix that carries a ten (10) year warranty with it.

Well regarded fiberglass manufacturers (Marvin) offer a lifetime warranty on their product.

I would suggest that you keep looking around if you did not like their push or tactics.

At $1,135 an opening for a small awning window, you can put whatever you want in that application.

Bookmark   April 3, 2010 at 10:53AM
dennisgli

Could never understand why anyone would get windows from Renewal by Andersen. Even their commercials are terribly annoying.

Go to an Andersen distributor (not Home Depot) and ask them to recommend some installation contractors. They'll likely carry other brands (eg. Marvin) and can help you compare features/quality.

Bookmark   April 3, 2010 at 2:11PM
rjoh878646

I had Andersen Renewal give me a quote a few years ago. They were double the price of the company I went with. get a few more estimates from replacement window companies. I didn't like them running down all their competitors.

Bookmark   April 6, 2010 at 2:02PM
More Discussions
Curtain Finials
These finials were purchased a number of years ago...
cw8626
Window in a shower?
We are planning a remodel of our second floor master...
numbersjunkie
Fiberglass Windows from Hardie????
We need to replace 3 windows in our family room. ...
dancingqueengw
Replacement and New Coastal Impact Windows
We are doing major renovation on a waterfront home...
roenie
Good quality French door style slider with blinds between the glass?
I'm in Texas. These would be replacement doors for...
texasgal47
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™