excalibur windows

mmarse1April 28, 2010

Was looking for an ok window for my in laws an a contractor showed them excalibur, I see the reviews are poor as well. They looked very flimsy and of poor quality. About as bad as the window from xact. Am I better off telling them to only do a few windows at a time and invest in a high quality window like okna or gorell?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skydawggy

I would definitely invest in a better window. Excalibur has a very high air infiltration rate compared to windows from Okna. Gorell, Simonton and Softlite.

Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 8:50PM
PRO
Windows on Washington

+1

Better to spend a bit more money once than cheap out and get a bad window for cheap that will need to be replaced again.

Bookmark   April 29, 2010 at 9:47AM
doorproz

I agree. the excalibur is a low quality winodw. in fact, i am not a fan of any alside window. Alside just are'nt good at making windows,particularly the excalibur. most contractors who know nothing about windows bring the excalibur,silverline,pella vinyl windows,or Xact because they are so cheap and they can sell it to customers who only care about price and not quality. however,after a few years the home owners need to buy new windows again and suddenly those cheap winodws become super expensive when they need to replace them again because the winodws leak air and fail.
Okna make one heck of a window as does gorell and vanguard by sunrise.

Bookmark   April 29, 2010 at 11:24AM
More Discussions
Kitchen Sliding Patio Door
Hi everyone! My slider is junky and the frame around...
LSSF
wood window restoring in Nova
I live in a cedar home with big wood casement windows....
mommyshanti
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89
We're getting ready to remodel our kitchen and DR,...
lisa_a
Thank you for this forum!!
It is nice to see some unbiased information. For any...
dont_trust_the_dog
Any thoughts on the new Beechworth windows by James Hardie
Hi, We are waiting for our building permit and are...
kzim_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™