anlin warranty useless

donna_228April 13, 2012

all the window companies have great warranties until the day you need them. when i purchased anlin windows about 7-8 years ago, the lifetime warranties gave me peace of mind but now when i need the warranties, they try to make things difficult. i would have gone with the contractor but it appeared that the contractor went out of business. since leakage issue is both an issue with either the contractor or the window manufacturer, i decided to try my luck with anlin. according to anlin, i have to go through the contractor and since the contractor is out of business, i guess it's no longer anyone's problem. the only time warranties are good are during purchase time.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EcoStarRemodel

If the leakage is due to an improper installation, there are very few manufacturers who will cover that. I don't understand why you are blaming Anlin. They just make the window, they didn't install it.

It could be as simple as the windows needing to be re-caulked. If that's the case, caulking is not covered by any manufacturers warranty that I am aware of.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 10:41PM
PRO
Windows on Washington

+1

What leakage is the issue and did this just manifest itself?

Bookmark   April 14, 2012 at 7:14AM
HomeSealed

If you are speaking of water leakage, that is indeed an installation issue more often than not. More details would be needed to say for sure, but I agree with the above posts, the manufacturer should not be thrown under the bus if that is the case. Does Anlin have another dealer in your market that could service you?

Bookmark   April 14, 2012 at 1:55PM
More Discussions
Is this too much to pay?
My mom has two sets of French doors she needs to have...
joaniben
Kitchen Sliding Patio Door
Hi everyone! My slider is junky and the frame around...
LSSF
Good quality French door style slider with blinds between the glass?
I'm in Texas. These would be replacement doors for...
texasgal47
What size windows - 10' + Cathedral Ceiling
I like the look of the hearth room pictured below....
burbmomoftwo
Install expectations?
just had windows installed and before I complain to...
rosebay
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™