Job completion clean-up

ollie24018April 20, 2012

I'm just curious what you expect your installation crews to do as part of the clean-up/wrap-up of the install.

Weather permitting do you have them take the "Windex" to the windows inside and out?

Do you cover all indoor items to insure no sawdust or plaster dust ( if any cutting ) gets to them?

What do you do to attempt to set yourself apart from the norm? What are your expectations? Leave as or better than you found it?

Oliver

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Windows on Washington

We always try to leave it better than worse but depening on the type of installation, this can be impossible.

Remember that the installers are contractors and not housekeepers.

We wipe down the windows but they may not be perfect and you ideally shouldn't be messing with them too much from the outset until the sealant cures all the way up.

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 7:12PM
HomeSealed

That's about it. ^... The site should be cleaned with reasonable care, but do understand that the installers are craftsmen, not professional cleaners. The windows and surrounding areas should be picked up, vacuumed, wiped down, etc. We generally cover things up if there is going to be any sawing, drywall dust, etc.

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 6:58AM
toddinmn

If you have plaster you probally have lead based paint on your windows.The contractor should be following the EPA's RRP rules if the house is pre 1978 or has been tested negtive,this would address alot of the cleaning issues.I typically do RRP containment on windows that are not lead and clean all visable dust on windows and floors.I do not typically clean the glass unless there is sticker residue, and even then I clean just the affected area.

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 9:07AM
ollie24018

WoW, HomeSealed, & Todd.... thanks for your feedback in this. I was just trying to get some feel on what you guys from the "Top Tier" of contractors suggest.
I've lurked for a few years and have grown to respect your comments/suggestions/recommendations.

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 9:18AM
More Discussions
Lockheed, Certainteed Bryn Mawr III, or Alliance
Wondering which is the better new construction vinyl...
16cassie
Window in a shower?
We are planning a remodel of our second floor master...
numbersjunkie
Need reassurance! Pella windows not a bad decision?
My house currently has 4 kinds of windows - contractor's...
Lrw2a
Requesting feedback re: interior bronze window frames
My home is a small (1500 sq. ft.) contemporary with...
texasgal47
Pella Slider
We have a Pella slider that was installed in early...
hopesprings_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™